11th grade is the most critical time in a student’s college planning process. This is the year when the foundation is created for making a seamless transition into applying for college with an impactful self portrait.
In 11th grade, we offer a comprehensive college counseling package that lays the foundation for every aspect of college admissions planning. We walk students through a detailed series of tasks that prepare them for the senior year when they begin their applications. This includes everything from creating a testing calendar, academic, and extracurricular advisement to creating a college list as well as college tour planning, demonstrating interest and execution.
We can create a custom package for those students who want limited services like creating a college list, college tour planning or academic and extracurricular advising.
We support you during the following activities and tasks:
- Investigating and researching universities. We provide a customized college application strategy, and individualized college comparison reports that help everyone to stay organized during the college admissions process.
- Understanding the standardized testing maze. We recommend testing and strategies that will help you gain college admission.
- Setting-up guidelines. We help you demonstrate interest in a college by starting online, and helping you engage admission counselors personally.
- Planning and navigating visits to colleges and universities. We help you understand why touring college campuses makes a HUGE difference.
- Finding colleges and universities that will best serve who you are becoming. We use your interests, potential, and high school record to find the perfect match.
- Seeing the big picture. We remind you not to miss the details that will assist you as you apply to college. Our individualized timeline will keep you on track.
- Making the most of your summers. We help you review plans and activities, internships, research, accomplishments, and work that enhances your college admissions profile.
- Navigating athletic showcases. We provide support as you begin to understand NCAA regulations and begin to negotiate with coaches.
- Applying to programs — performing arts, music programs, or competitive visual arts programs and more. We match our expert consultants to help you hone your art portfolio, music audition, musical theater or theater audition.